Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Spaghetti Squash Casserole

I had fun in the kitchen today. I roasted a spaghetti squash and since I had the oven on, I also roasted a pan of eggplant chunks and another of chopped san marzano tomatoes. When the eggplant was done, I tossed it with some chopped fresh basil and a little olive oil. The tomatoes were tossed in olive oil and oregano before their pan went in the oven. The cooked and shredded spaghetti squash was tossed with a little butter, some roasted garlic (hey, the oven was on, so I took advantage) and thai basil.





When everything was done, I layered it in a flat casserole dish with Thomasville Tomme from Sweet Grass Dairy and more fresh herbs.



Covered the pan with foil and baked it 45 minutes at 350 degrees - on a cookie sheet since I used a glass pan.




What a winner! Looks great - tastes great - can be easily made vegan, but I am a cheese lover, and the Tomme was just assertive enough to stand up to the eggplant and garlic.

I will publish the recipe in Hogtown HomeGrown eventually, but until then, play with your food and have fun in the kitchen - you'll be surprised what you can create.