Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dinner at the Columbia in St. Augustine


When I was five, my parents took me to the first Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City - wonderful food and atmosphere! During our many trips to St. Augustine, Jeff and I have always made a trip to the Columbia on St. George - even if it was to just pick up black bean soup and bread to take home for dinner.

Tonight was an adventure - we got dressed up and went to dinner. We ate on the second floor porch overlooking St. George Street, had a personable waiter named Ken and a wonderful meal. A bottle of crisp white wine - Vina Esmeralda by Torres from Spain - Caesar Salad, Cakes de Cangrejo (Blue Crab Cakes with Passion-Fruit Aioli) and hot Cuban bread to start. Jeff had Cannelloni de Langosta “Setes Portes” - cannelloni with lobster, scallops and shrimp in a rich sauce - very tasty! I had Snapper "Alicante" - a huge piece of fish with a brown gravy, onions and green peppers served with yellow rice - perfectly cooked, but a little salty. Jeff brought a piece of their Godiva Chocolate cake back to the room to have with Sweetwater coffee later.

Oh it is later and I'm going to ask for a bite of cake - bye for now!